china232.com
October 30, 2014, 09:18:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hello everyone, Please register on the forum and discuss different topics in English with us!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TV Show | Seinfeld  (Read 4257 times)
Add
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2008, 04:59:17 AM »

I wanted to talk about one of my all-time favourite TV Shows called "Seinfeld".
They aren't making it anymore but it was an extremely popular show in the 90's.  It is a sitcom about a comedian's life in New York City.  I think it is great because it is about daily life, relationships, and is hilarious. If you haven't seen it you should check it out!  You might really enjoy it, and it would help you learn about American humour.  Do you have an opinion on this show?  I would love to hear what other people think about this show from different cultures! Grin

Mo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:14:57 AM »

Hi Add

I don’t know this sitcom because it wasn’t shown here but in Germany, there are many American sitcoms.
I like most of them but I also know many people who don’t like American sitcoms just because it is from America.

Mo

Don't worry about a thing,
'cause every little thing gonna be all right.
    Bob Marley
Roger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »

Hi guys.

It's really a great sitcom, however it doesn't make much success her in Brazil maybe because it is broadcasted only trough cable TV currently. Even when it was displayed by open TV, I used to hear just few people commenting about this sitcom. What I think is the best in it is the way that the characters represents they are like anyone can be, they have normal problems, they lie, they make mistakes they fail and there's no moral lesson to learn. The only one who is different is Krammer. I think he has physiological problems. Wink

Roger
Nick13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:39:42 PM »

Although, Sienfeld is great but, I prefer Freinds. Mainly becuase, it's similar to our daily life .A few young guys and girls
with different backgrounds and cultures and their own weaknesses(read obsessions) and strenghths are persuing their   
personal carrier in N.Y . However, they 're so diffrent  from eachother, yet, they 're always "there" for their BEST 's.
I've just finished a marathon Friends' day with my G.F .
Man,sometimes, being a couch potato is very nice ,specially , when hot chicks are around!! Wink
Cheers,
Nick 13.
Afra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 01:01:42 AM »

I like to watch anything on TV especially comedi sitcoms are like my comfort food and  the best friend. I can't follow the language throughly but through the body language I kind of do understand the American's sitcom. I have seen Seinfeld few times. I really do like it. I like all four comedians in this sitcom. They all have diffrent kinds of personalities. I wish I can follow the language 100% and enjoy my free time.
fox tail

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »

Seinfeld is my favorite sitcom.
Once my friend told me: «If you want to understand soul of New York you must see it”. It is about typical life of ordinary New Yorker.  These stories full of humor and tender ironic of characters.  I just love it.
  I had seen only first and second seasons. My favorite episode: “Chinese restaurant”. And of course I like Kramer and Costanza.
I didn’t see all seasons but it is good because big fan will wait me.
Unfortunately in Russia majority people don’t know Seinfeld. Maybe russian people will be better understand american people if could see this great sitcom.

Corina

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 08:48:23 AM »

Seinfield is a very good sitcom. Here in Venezuela it is well known by those who have cable TV. I have to agree with Nick, Seinfield is a good show, but I prefer Friends  Cheesy

fox tail

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 06:53:45 AM »

By the way it is fanny opposition: fans of Friends versus fans of Seinfeld  Smiley
Katie

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 10:07:55 PM »

here in china i think that most people are quite familiar with Friend. seinfeld is a strange to us Sad
Corina

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »

I love Seinfield!!! I particularly like that sitcom because every episode is so day to day life... jokes are things that could really happen in real life. Characters have traits common in many of us.
I love the episode with the toothbrush... have any of you seen it?

adriano

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 05:02:31 PM »

hey guys!!  Cool well first of all, u are great!! i am a big fan of you.
u were talking about the series Seinfeld (i think it is a series isnt it?? lol) well, anyway, i have never watched it before. But i know another TV programation from US. That shows how american's life is. I watch "Friends"; "OC" ; "LOST" and many many others...  But my favorite series it is the PrisonBreak. That one is absolutly great!!

well     bye bye

cya!!
yeknom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 08:11:11 PM »

i dont know if it is because in the 90s i was too young, but i dont found entertainment that sitcom..
i grow up with FRIENDS.. but maybe it all about generations!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: