china232.com
December 19, 2014, 11:00:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hello everyone, Please register on the forum and discuss different topics in English with us!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free american movies with american subtitles  (Read 24484 times)
Ulviyya

View Profile Email
« on: July 25, 2008, 04:08:34 AM »

Hi,
I hope with the help of this site you improve your English as me. Here is a lot of interesting podcasts, which has been helping me to understand the native English speaking people, when they speak.
Thank you very much to guys:Andrew and Addison that they always tells the interesting and funny stories. On this site i find the answers to my questions.
The guys explain the phrase very clear.
Could you advise me sites, where i can download the free american movies with the american subtitles, please?

I have seached, but i found some movies without the subtitles. I thought that you can help me to find it.

I continue to listen the podcasts on this site, because they are very usefull for improving English.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Good luck!
Add
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »

Ulviyya,

I'm not sure where you can find such a thing.  If I find out any sites I'll let you know and post it on the website.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:27:57 AM by Add » Logged
Ca

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »

Hi Ulviyya,

Have a look at www.archive.org ...maybe you make a find.

Carsten
Hombre

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 06:37:52 AM »

Ulviyya, hi!
You question sounds like a question of a secret agent from kind of cybercrime department of FBI or whatever. just joking.
We are living in the XXI century - of course there are lots of american movies shared for free in the internet and there are a lot of sites providing subtitles for movies in many languages. Get to know about Torrent in the wikipedia or PM me and I give you links of big torrent trackers.

Some subtitles sites that have subtitles for free:
www.opensubtitles.org, www.mysubtitles.com, www.subscene.com

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
Ulviyya

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:35:20 PM »

Hi, dear Hombre,

Thank you very much for your help!

You wrote that in the internet a lot of movies with the subtitles, but i can not find.

I will be very glad if you know send me please the sites where i can get the  free American movies with the american subtitles. I don't want the movie and the subtitles separatly. I would like movies with the subtitles, because it will be very useful for me to improve my English.

I agree with you in the internet a lot of movies and subtitles but separatly.

I visited the links which was sent by you, but their i can not find what i want.

Looking forward hearing from you soon!
Regards,

Ulviyya
Hombre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 01:48:10 AM »

Watching movies for free with subtitles works in the following way for me:

1. Download a free torrent downloader as mTorrent www.mTorrent.com, I personally use it.

2. Go to torrent search engine. I use thepiratebay.org.

3. Search for a video, for example, Fight Club movie, there is a bunch of different torrents, I choose one http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4022552/Fight_Club_KLAXXON

4.  There should be a button Download Torrent. When you downloaded this file (torrent), you should open it with a mTorrent and a movie will be downloaded after a while.

5. There is no such a thing as a movie with subtitles. But there are a movie file and a text file with subtitles in a special format. And there are special video players that could play a video file and a subtitles file simultaneously. There are subtitles of any language for the same movie. That can be downloaded and viewed with the same video file. 

I mentioned the sites where this specially formatted subtitles can be downloaded.

For example, for the mentioned early the movie Fight Club there could be used the following subtitles:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/3261839/fight-club-en

6. To see a movie with subtitles, a movie and a subtitles file should have the same name (but different extensions of course) - you probably will be required to rename the subtitles file according to the movie file and both movie and subtitles files should be in the same directory.

7. And there should be used a video player that supports subtitles, for example
VideoLAN VLC (www.vlc.com),
GOM Player (http://www.gomlab.com/eng/GMP_download.html)
They are both free players.

And you can find more about Torrent networks and how they work in the Wikipedia.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
Roger101

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:47:45 AM »

There are lots of subtitle DB’s in the net and the one I’m telling doesn’t have the best search engine in the world but it does have most subtitles I could find on a subtitles site.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: