china232.com
September 02, 2014, 10:48:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hello everyone, Please register on the forum and discuss different topics in English with us!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: How to write your self-introduction  (Read 91381 times)
andy
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2007, 01:37:33 AM »

Hi!:D

We'd all love to learn more about you.  Tell us about yourself and please try to answer the questions below.

1. What is your name?
2. Which country are you from?
3. What do you currently do?  Student?  Work?  Which job?
4. What are your interests and hobbies?
5. If you like you can tell us your age and if you are a male or female.

We look forward to meeting you.

Andrew
david85m

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »

Hello
my name is javid elyasi
I am from Iran ,I am a 22-year-old-boy
studing english(language teaching)
I hope  I can find good friends here and learn english more and more .
Olia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »

Hi, guys

So I'll try and start up

I'm Olga. I'm a 25 year old Russian female. I'm living in Saint-Petersburg, but originally I'm from a small town ... located somewhere in Siberia Smiley)))
I'm working in a company that provides telecommunications solutions (I'm in 'a man's world Smiley) ). Search, analysis, development.... I really like my job! Yes, I admit I don't think so when an alarm clock's ringing at 7am and I'm looking for it to turn it off : ))
Official company language is English, but my colleagues are russian and belgian guys.  And once I noticed that my English started narrowing till 'It's done, It's updated, It works fine now' and other job-specificated terms. So your website guys and your podcasts is a ray of light! Smiley I feel more confident now with my English. Thank you a lot!

I like hanging with my friends, attending photo exhibitions (last one is world photo press ), going to a movie. A, yes sport activity: yoga, pilates. I'm also learning French (as I lived in Belgium for 1 year and my Belgian friends examine my french from time to time). I'm interested in History.... I mean I don't search historic articles, facts, persons on purpose, but if face with it, I can't help reading it Smiley
Katie

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:23:54 PM »

HI,
   I am Katie, come from the capital city of China. I am a bussiness assistant now in Beijing. I am a quiet girl,I like reading,writing,listening music, chatting with my friend,and whatsmore i like pet ang travelling. Wink

ps:female  23
Dani

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 02:14:28 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Daniela - a 29 year old girl from Austria. It always makes me smile when I read that some of you are from a "small town" - just 10,000 inhabitants or so. Imagine a place in Austria where 2,800 people live. That's where I am from and that is REALLY small! Anyway, I like it - lot's of space here  Grin

I currently work in the marketing department in the capital of the district. It is just a part-time job, and so I am very flexible with my working hours. I appreciate that very much, because I don't like getting up early in the morning.

I like meeting friends, reading books, talking to people and driving motorbike (I must admit I don't drive myself, but sit behind the driver acting cool  Cool). I also like traveling but that costs lot of money. A few weeks ago I visited my cousin in Switzerland. So I'm sort of a freeloader  Wink

Lots of greetings from Austria

Dani

Toni

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 03:57:48 AM »

hi everyone,

i´m toni.i life in a small town in north of germany.i´m a 25 years old student.
last year i was for 4 weeks in australia and have seen very beautiful places and have met a lot of people from all over the world.and now i have to learn englisch, because next year i want to travel back in the outback, for one year as a backpacker.
besides i work in a big metal company as a company student.so i spend my semester vacation for earn money, for my journey next year.
so you see my big favorite hobby is traveling Smiley!
my second passion is driving motorbike, in converse to daniele i like drive by myself;), sorry daniela!

greetings Toni
ann

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 05:27:49 AM »

hello!                                                                             
  I'm a girl. I'm from china. My name is ann.I very like english.I like to speak it ,even if sometime apear many mistakes.I like smile.I live in a very old and not very famous town,but from different place's people like to visit it,I feel very luck I live there .It's a natural town.
   I like meeting friends, reading books, talking to people ,enjoy sunshing,listen to music.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:36:59 AM by ann » Logged
honey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 02:31:56 AM »

hi all of you,thank you both of you for you're great lessons you really give us a chance to solve our english Wink it's the truth because i'm studying english for a long time but can't speak it very well.
my name is Hasna i'm from Morocco ( north Africa),i'm 19 year old and i wish that i get hold of my english ,i really like this language but i face many problemes.And sometimes i really feel ashamed of not having the ability of speaking.but having great teatchers like you guys gives me anouther chance.
thank you for your efforts
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:42:58 AM by honey » Logged
Dani

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 04:42:45 AM »

my second passion is driving motorbike, in converse to daniele i like drive by myself;), sorry daniela!

No need to say sorry, Toni!
I like certain kinds of motorbikes. Unfortunately this "touring-bikes" are so high, that my feet don't touch the ground when I sit on them. My legs are simply too short (I'm envious of Naomi Campbell  Grin). And the bikes are way too heavy for me. That's the reason why I sit on the "backseat" (is the backseat of a motorbike called "pillion" in English?).

Take care,
Dani
Toni

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 04:34:27 AM »

hey Dani,

i think so pillion means the backseat, but i´m a poor german who had started learn englisch for nearly one or two years, therefore don´t trust my englisch skills;)!
you has wrote you like traveling, which countrys you have seen until now?

besides dani drive on the "pillion" in the austria mountains makes fun too:)!

No need to say sorry, Toni!
I like certain kinds of motorbikes. Unfortunately this "touring-bikes" are so high, that my feet don't touch the ground when I sit on them. My legs are simply too short (I'm envious of Naomi Campbell  Grin). And the bikes are way too heavy for me. That's the reason why I sit on the "backseat" (is the backseat of a motorbike called "pillion" in English?).

Take care,
Dani
Dani

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 10:01:22 AM »

Hi Toni,

I'm going to call the backseat of the motorbike "pillion" until someone corrects my mistake (hi Andy and Addison  Grin)

I visited London, Paris, Rome and Nuernberg (the only city in Germany I visited beside Regensburg  Embarrassed). I stayed two weeks in Greenwich/London when I was in school and went to Scotland for two weeks in 2001. The last years we traveled around Austria (nothing beats Austrian mountains explored on a motorbike). I visited my cousin in Switzerland a few weeks ago and hope to travel to Canada in 2009  Smiley. We had some "beach-holidays" in Greece (Rhodes), Spain (Mallorca) and Tunisia. But honestly, I don't like just lying in the sun doing nothing. I always want to meet people and learn something about the culture and explore the nature.

Dani
Toni

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 12:09:55 AM »

hey dani,

you have already seen a lot of places, much more as me! last year i was for 4 weeks in australia, it was very nice but it was my only journey beyond of germany. therefor it is time Smiley to start see the world, next year at this time i will stay for one year in new zealand!
but i don´t like ly in the sun for the entire day, too! most i try to connect it with activities like biking, sailing and so on!

toni   
DarK SouL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 08:13:53 PM »

Hello everyone!,
I am José from Puerto Rico (a small island in the Caribbean), I listen to your podcasts everyday on my way to work.  I am a 29 years old programmer/Analyst and the reason I want to learn or get better at English is because I plan to move to the US in a few months. Your podcasts are helping me with pronunciation and listening skills so I really hope you keep making them because they help, a LOT.

Keep the good AWESOME work guys!
sergeyspbrussia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 05:34:25 AM »

Hi everyone!
I'm Sergey. I'm 29 years old man.
I live in Sankt-Peterburg - the second largest city in Russia after Moscow (capital).
I work in a finish company as a manager that deals with renting of construction equipment.
I known about you from 'Bob and Rob show'.
I wont to say you 'thanks'.
In the future I may make some donation. I'm used to hear from Bob and Rob - 'consider making a donation' and I think they need it. And of course you. You make free podcasts with free learning guide. IT SHOULD BE ASSESS.

I will be glad to hear you in your podcasts and in the life.
Lucie

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 07:27:02 AM »

Hi, my name is Lucie and I am from Czech Republick. I learn English about 15 years, but I write and speak very bad, unfortunately Undecided I would like to learn English more but I don know how Huh I listening BBC and I start to read fairitails in English, because I know it in Czech to... Do you know The Little Princ? It is beautiful book, isn' t it?
 So, I'm 21 yeas old, I live in Prague  but I born in small town.  Prague is beatiful city... I work in a bank and i think, that I'm quite happy Smiley I like reading. whit my coleque I go play squash and sometime I do power joga. Now i go to the courz seldefence and it's very interesting for me.
 So have a good a day and nice to meet you, Lucie
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: